Thames & Kosmos was founded in 2001 when a Rhode Island science museum director and her son partnered with a 200-year old German publishing house to help fulfill the great need for science education materials that were more stimulating, effective, relevant – and of course, fun!
For the past 20 years, we have dedicated ourselves to that mission, publishing and distributing toys and games that are both engaging and educational. We believe that authentic learning experiences combined with hands-on exploration are a powerful way to captivate curious young minds, and to keep them hungry for knowledge as they continue their journey into adulthood. Whether it’s building a robot, playing a board game, or performing a magic trick, we strive for our products empower kids to take risks, experiment, innovate, cooperate, problem-solve, and sometimes even fail.
The current catalog includes over 250 unique products including:
- STEM TOYS & KITS: Ranging from small, single-activity kits to cutting-edge kits with hundreds of challenges
- TABLETOP GAMES: An internationally acclaimed collection of German-style titles that combine strategy and luck while promoting social skills and sportsmanship
- CREATTO LIGHT-UP 3D PUZZLES: An illuminating collection of craft-meets-construction kits that literally glow from the inside out
- MAGIC SETS: A classic must-have in your childhood toy box!
The Thames & Kosmos brand is highly regarded by parents, teachers, and members of the toy, game, and educational industries, and has been widely acknowledged as a leading innovator in the STEM space in the North American and European markets. Our products have been the recipients of hundreds of awards including TIME’s Invention of the Year, Oppenheim’s Platinum Toy Awards, The Toy Associations Toy of the Year, ASTRAs Best toys for Kids, and Parents’ Choice. They have also been featured on national media outlets including the Today Show, Fox & Friends, Good Morning America, and The Wendy Williams Show.
WHAT SETS US APART:
HISTORY & EXPERIENCE:
- 100+ years publishing science kits
- 50+ years of publishing board games
- Comprehensive supply chain for development, manufacturing, and distribution
- Clearly written, beautifully illustrated, and comprehensive in contents
- Real-world examples that connect experiments to everyday applications
- Custom designed parts that are carefully selected and tested for durability and functionality
STRONG PLAY VALUE:
- Products that can be used over multiple sessions, resulting in hours – or even years! –of creative open-ended play
QUALITY & SAFETY:
- Created by a world-class team of teachers, scientists, engineers, designers, expert gamers, and parents
- Rigorous safety testing protocol
PERSONAL & KNOWLEDGEABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Full-time customer service and technical support teams
- Thorough, relationship-based interactions