Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Mr. Rogers once said: “Play gives children a chance to practice what they are learning.” At Thames & Kosmos, we couldn't agree more! For the past 20 years, we have dedicated ourselves to providing toys and games that are both fun and educational. We believe that authentic learning experiences combined with hands-on exploration are a powerful way to engage curious young minds, and to keep them hungry for knowledge as they continue their journey into adulthood. Whether it’s building a robot, playing a board game, or performing a magic trick, we hope our products empower kids to take risks, experiment, innovate, cooperate, problem-solve, and sometimes even fail.
The Sales & Marketing team at Thames & Kosmos is responsible for connecting the decision-makers in both retail and consumer communities to our story about who we are, what we do, and why it’s important. A position on this team requires a unique mix of creativity and administrative skills, as well as a true passion for our mission and product.
If you’re looking for a career that will challenge you to grow, make a difference in the lives of young people, and recognize your contributions as a valued member of our team, read on for more details!
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responding promptly and professionally to incoming wholesale and retail customer inquiries via phone and email
• Acquiring and applying comprehensive product knowledge of our entire catalog
• Preparing sales documents, training tools, and other supporting materials
• Managing eCommerce & dropship partner inventory, item data, and digital assets
• Becoming proficient with Key Account Vendor Portals and reporting tools
• Prospecting, vetting, and onboarding with potential, new, and existing accounts
• Generating unique content and messaging for email blasts and other marketing initiatives
• Entering and maintaining account information, item data, and sales reports
• Organizing and managing the logistics (i.e. shipments, housing, transportation) for tradeshows, gift shows, consumer shows, and/or
customer meetings; some travel and physical labor may be required
• Coordinating semi-annual mailings and sample shipments
• Assisting with general customer service and wholesale order processing, as necessary
We are looking for an individual with these qualities:
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and follow-up skills
• Ability to stay calm and work effectively under tight deadlines
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong editing and copywriting skills; ability to write SEO marketing copy
• Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter who can work independently, but knows when to bring management team into the decision-making process
• Fast learner; can learn, retain, and apply information quickly and efficiently
• Ability to remain calm, positive, and effective in high-energy, high-expectation situations of urgency
• High-degree of computer literacy; must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Experience with SAP Business One and/or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Commensurate with experience.
• Full-time, based on 40-hour workweek
• Full company-paid health insurance, dental, and vision after successful completion of 90-day trial period
• Generous vacation and sick day policy
• 401K available after one year of employment
• Plus additional benefits
TO APPLY: No calls please. Submit all information below; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
• Cover letter
• Email and phone number for three references. At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor.
• Salary history