|Willy Wonka. Milton Hershey. Forrest Mars. John Cadbury. Factual or fictional, the great names in the history of candy making all share one thing: they were experimenters and innovators. Now you can experiment with the art of making candy, and learn the science behind how it forms and why it tastes so good.
Inside this giant chocolate bar-shaped box is a scientific candy wonderland including the special tools and recipes you need to make candy. Use the plastic and metal molds, shape cutters, candy thermometer, spatula, dipping fork and various other tools to form and coat your candies. Finish them with foils, paper cups, sticks and wrappers. The 48-page illustrated book provides instructions, recipes and scientific explanations. This kit does not contain any food items. Ingredients must be purchased separately, giving you control over the ingredients you use. Ages 10 and up.
• make hard candy, lollipops, chocolates, caramels, fudge, gummy shapes, chocolate eggs, gum drops, marshmallows, licorice, marzipan, pralines, peppermint patties, and more
• learn the chemistry of crystals and the biology of taste
• read about popular candies and the candy industry
• explore the origins of chocolate and sugar
• make a chocolate ladybug for good luck